Some of the greatest benefits of becoming a traveling healthcare professional are the opportunities to explore new cities and meet new friends. Connecting with fellow traveling healthcare professionals can be valuable both personally and professionally. After all, it could be exactly what you need to discover your assignment city’s hidden local gems known only by the locals.
However, with your busy work schedule, it’s making new friends is much easier said than done. Here’s eight ideas for meeting news friends while on assignment.
- Become friends with co-workers –Each week, try inviting a different co-worker to lunch. By doing so, you’ll gain valuable insight into the facility you’re assigned to, which may help you learn ways to do your job better. As a result, you’ll also gain a friend. This will provide you with someone you can relate to and ask for help when needed.
- Attend community events –Community events are a perfect place to meet new people. Try researching and attending local events through websites like Eventbrite.
- Network through your current friends – Leverage your current circle of friends to expand your circle. Ask people in your current network if they know of anyone in your assignment city that they can introduce you to. Mutual friends are great connectors to new friends!
- Sign up for a friend-meeting app – Yup, there’s an app for that!TryBumble BFFand These apps can assist you in connecting with people with similar interests or hobbies.
- Volunteer – Volunteering for local organizations or causes you’re passionate about is an excellent way to meet new people in your area. VolunteerMatchis a popular tool to find these opportunities.
- Visit the dog park – If you’re a traveler traveling with a dog while on assignment, dog parks are a great place to connect with new people. While your dog is “sniffing out” new friends, you can connect with other doggy parents.
- Reach out to your recruiter –Your recruiter may know of other traveling healthcare professionals that are on assignment at or near your assignment facility. Express to your recruiter that you’re trying to make new friends and provide them with your contact information to pass around.
- Join sport or hobby clubs – Getting involved in local sport or hobby clubs is another great way to meet new people.
Are you looking for your next travel assignment? Consider SpringBoard Healthcareas your traveling healthcare professional staffing agency. We take pride in helping healthcare professionals build rewarding careers. Contact ustoday at (866) 465-6286.