Interviewing is a two-way street. The facility is interviewing you, but you are also interviewing them. For travelers and sometime permanent positions, gathering critical information to ensure a good fit becomes even more difficult since interviews are conducted via phone. To lend a helping hand for your next interview, our recruiters have put together their top questions to ensure you’re gathering all the critical information needed to make sure your next permanent or travel position is the job that you really want.
1. How many lab professionals do you have on staff?
2. What is the patient caseload like?
3. What types of patients are served in your unit?
4. What is your productivity standard?
5. What type of documentation system do you use?
6. What lab equipment do you use?
7. What is the personality or culture of the lab?
8. Is call required?
9. What are the weekend requirements?
10. If the hours are not guaranteed, what kind of hours can I expect?
So next time you’re in an interview, keep this handy list of questions in your back pocket. It will help you ensure that the job you’re discussing is the right fit.
Looking at other opportunities? Explore our jobs now.
If you’re in a permanent position, you may want to consider a travel staffing role. Travel has many benefits. Find out if it’s right for you with our FREE Guide that’s filled with answers to the top travel questions.